AutoNationConnect.com TAILGATING CONTEST
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES – as of November 2, 2011
No purchase necessary to enter or win. A purchase does not increase your chances of winning.
AutoNation, Inc., on behalf of its affiliates and/or subsidiaries (“AutoNation” or “Sponsor”) is conducting a contest called “AutoNationConnect.com TAILGATING CONTEST” (hereafter called the “Contest”) November 2, 2011 through November 30, 2011. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. AutoNation is both the Sponsor and Administrator of the Contest, but reserves the right to contract with a third party vendor to act as Administrator and manage/fulfill the “Contest” at any time during the contest period.
1. To Enter: The Contest begins on or about November 2, 2011 and ends November 30, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. (“Contest Period”). Contestants must add a comment to the official contest blog post at http://www.autonationconnect.com/perfect-tailgating-vehicle, telling us what their favorite tailgating activity is. They must click the “I DID THIS” button in the Rafflecopter contest widget, posted at the same website. Comments on the blog post that do not have a corresponding entry via the Rafflecopter contest widget will not count as official contest entries. Contestants may earn up to three additional contest entries by using the contest widget to “Like” the Blog Post, “Like” AutoNation on Facebook, or Follow @AutoNation on Twitter. Contestants must click the corresponding “I DID THIS” buttons once action is completed. Maximum of four entries per email address during Contest Period. AutoNation reserves the right to limit the number of entries by customers, fans or friends during the Contest Period.
2. Eligibility: Contest is open to legal residents of the contiguous United States (lower 48 States) who are 18 years of age and older as of November 2, 2011, who hold a valid email address. Employees of AutoNation, and employees of their affiliates or their subsidiaries, and employees of any advertising/promotion agencies associated with this Contest, as well as the immediate family members (spouse, parents, siblings and children) of such individuals may participate, but are ineligible to win the prize. Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all of the requirements set forth herein. AutoNation reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winners. All contestants submitting answers, content, photos and the like are required to comply with all U.S. and International copyright laws, any and all laws regarding intellectual property and agree to indemnify AutoNation, Inc. and its affiliates from any damages or costs caused by any violations of this section. If Sponsor determines that any entry or review is in violation of said laws, the entry and review with be removed and voided.
3. Prizes: One (1) official NFL football signed by Dan Marino will be awarded to three (3) randomly selected winners. Prize value is approximately $300 each. Limit one football per winner. If for some reason, during the Contest Period, AutoNation does not receive any contest entries, no prizes will be awarded. No cash value will be awarded in lieu of the prize to the contestant.
All winners are responsible for all taxes (including but not limited to, federal, state, local and/or income) and any applicable official fees for the prize won and all expenses not listed (including but not limited to travel to and from the fulfillment center) related to acceptance and use of the prize. Winner may be required to sign an IRS form 1099 or the equivalent for the full value of their prize. Sponsor is not responsible for delays in delivery. Prizes will be shipped or mailed (via US Mail or overnight carrier) to the winners and may require said winners to complete and sign an eligibility affidavit. Winners shall not be entitled to cash payment or equivalent in lieu of any prize or award. Any depiction of awards or prizes is for illustrative purposes only. Sponsor may provide substitute prize or award of equal or greater value at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Approximate value of all potential awards and prizes awarded is $900.
4. Odds: The odds of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries received during Contest Period. Three (3) winners will be selected following the Contest Period.
5. Prize Restrictions: Winners bears the risk of damage or losses to the prizes after delivery to individual designated by Sponsor and such prize may be forfeited if not picked up, claimed or redeemed within thirty (30) days after delivery. Any depiction of the Prize is for illustrative purposes only.
6. Selection of Winner: Within five (5) business days following the Contest Period, individuals that meet the eligibility criteria will be randomly selected via Rafflecopter as winners from entries received during the Content Period. In the event selected winner(s) is/are not eligible or is/are disqualified or Sponsor cannot contact said winner(s), Sponsor may select an alternative winner(s) through any manner or process of its choosing. All winners will be notified by the email address provided to Rafflecopter at time of entry. Winners will be required to provide their full name, address, valid email address and telephone number in order to verify eligibility.
7. Prize Claims: Winners may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility, release of liability and publicity release form within ten (10) days of notification. Noncompliance by a potential winner or if prize or prize notification with affidavit and release are unclaimed, or returned as undeliverable, will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected by Sponsor through any manner or process of its choosing. Winners must execute all releases and other instruments authorizing the use of his/her name, voice, photo and other basic personal information for promotional purposes by AutoNation and its affiliates, subsidiaries and their associated advertising agencies without additional compensation. By accepting a prize, Winners agree to indemnify and hold harmless said entities, AutoNation, Inc., and its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all claims, judgments, decrees, or orders or liability arising directly or indirectly from the contest or any prize or prize awarded. AutoNation is the administrator of the Contest and shall be the sole entity responsible for conducting the Contest. In the event of a dispute or disqualification, the decision of AutoNation or its authorized representative(s) shall be final. Failure to comply with the contest rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification, at the sole discretion of AutoNation. AutoNation reserves the right in its sole discretion, to make any and all determinations and decisions regarding the Contest and the drawing and such decisions will be final and binding.
In the event selected winner(s) is not eligible or is disqualified, or sponsor cannot make contact with the winner (via email) or social media channels AutoNation may select alternative winner(s) through any manner or process of its choosing. AutoNation reserves the right to change and/or amend the Contest Period and/or rules at any time, which will take place immediately upon announcement. Sponsor is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the Internet, service outages or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches, mechanical failure, Internet communications or for damage to user’s system as a result of participating in the Contest.
8. General Conditions: The Contest is void where prohibited or restricted by law. AutoNation, Inc., is not responsible for illegible, damaged, deleted or lost entries whether accidentally or because of a power outage or system crash. All entries are subject to verification and are automatically void and will be rejected if forged, altered, defaced, illegible, tampered with, mechanically reproduced, scanned or irregular in any way. Submissions that contain obscene, offensive or otherwise inappropriate language or content, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, may be rejected and not eligible for any contest awards or prizes. If, in Sponsor’s opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of tampering with any portion of the Contest, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Contest and conduct a random drawing to award prizes using all entries received as of the termination date. Sponsor reserves the right to verify eligibility of winners. AutoNation shall not be liable for injury, loss or damage of any kind resulting from your participation in the Contest or from the acceptance or use of any prize awarded. By submitting an entry, you accept and agree to these rules and all decisions of AutoNation and release AutoNation and its affiliates and agents from any liability arising from your participation or the use of the prize. By accepting a prize, winners agree that AutoNation shall be permitted to use the winner’s name, city and state of residence and likeness/photograph and voice for future promotional purposes (including Internet announcements) without additional compensation. Contest void where prohibited or restricted by law. The Contest is governed by applicable U.S. Federal and Florida laws. AutoNation is not responsible for printing or typographical errors in any Contest-related materials (including email and online advertising), for stolen, lost, late, misdirected, damaged, incomplete or illegible Contest materials, for Contest materials that are processed late or incorrectly, or that are lost due to any reason whatsoever. Official Rules governing the Contest may be changed or modified with or without notice, at the sole discretion of AutoNation, Inc., at any time during the contest period. Rafflecopter, its parent company, officers, directors or affiliates (of any kind) are not affiliated with, nor endorse the Contest. Twitter, its parent company, officers, directors or affiliates (of any kind) are not affiliated with, nor endorse the Contest. Facebook, its parent company, officers, directors or affiliates (of any kind) are not affiliated with, nor endorse the Contest.
9. To obtain the names of Contest winners or for a copy of the “Official Rules” for the Contest, please send a self- addressed, stamped envelope to:
200 SW 1st Avenue, 16th Floor
Ft Lauderdale, FL 33301
Attention: Marketing Department
RE: AutoNation BLOG TAILGATING CONTEST
Requests must be received on or before December 15, 2011.